Caeden's Waterbirth 2006

10:30 PM Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
I thought I would share some photos from Caeden's birth and if I'm lucky, someday, I'll come across some photos from my other births too. But since I found these, I thought I'd share them since I've been talking about my birth experiences so much!



Yes, I am carrying a watermelon!



Me, in labor... I look thrilled with the cameraman.
I post this to show you don't have to be laying on a bed...
You can indeed do splits also.




My hubby making sure the birth pool is ready.



Caeden, 8 lbs, 8 oz, minutes after birth. This is the most he cried for a while.



Birth bliss. It's real, folks.


My daughter checking out the baby after whispering to me that the doctor, in all his illustrious wisdom and bad bedside manner, and in fact, no manners in front of small children, was wrong when told me (in front of my three children) that I would die if I tried a homebirth. Take that, Dr. McFadden!!
Notice my midwife's wet skirt. Thanks for getting wet on my account, Cassi! :)

My doula, MeriBeth Glenn, taking official measurements.

So happy to hold the little one!




Daddy and his older sister Karin holding the cutest baby of 2006!

Too cute!


Holly, my friend comes over to check out the little man, too!



No, I didn't pose him... He was just that comfortable apparently. :)





Sissa love.



Sam peeking in on the sleepy one.


Daddy, smitten... again. :)


Yay!


Thumbs are better than binks, mom!
He was my first baby to say "No way, Jose," to pacifiers.


I was born at home! Thanks for the hat, Cassi!


Look, Ma, he has feet!


LOVE
Thanks for reading! Hope you liked the pictures. They are very special to me.



0 comments: