Chocolate Milk for ME!

9:38 PM Posted In Edit This 2 Comments »

OKAY, so this my sound like a little thing. But it illustrates a few things.

#1 that God cares about the little things.

#2 that God loves me (and everyone) and

#3 that He really CAN do anything.

On Sunday, Jeff called from the store wanting to know if he could pick me up anything. I asked for a gallon chocolate milk. He sighed a little and let me know that usually the grocery store did not have this on Sunday evenings. He added that they normally did not have it when he was collecting his weekly items before leaving for work. Well, scripture tells us:

Matthew 7:8 (New International Version)

8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Matthew 21:22 (New International Version)

22If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

Mark 11:24 (New International Version)

24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

So, I said to hold on and I prayed. All I did was ask God for some chocolate milk. I believed it would be there. So, I got back on the phone and said, just to look and it would be there.

The next morning, I was opening up the refrigerator to look inside when Jeff walked into the kitchen. I saw that the chocolate milk was on the 2nd shelf. I smiled at Jeff and thanked him for the chocolate milk and he replied, "It was the weirdest thing. There was only one gallon way in the back of all the the other white milk." I smiled and he said, "Wait. Did you pray?!?" I said yes I did!

What an awesome God we serve!!!


2 comments:

kvanzandt said...

God is GOOD...ALL the time! : )

Mandy2qt said...

Even when we want chocolate MILK! LOL