Out of the Mouths of Babes

5:13 AM Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »

DO YOU HEAR WHAT THESE CHILDREN ARE SAYING?
"YES!" REPLIED JESUS, "HAVE YOU NEVER READ, FROM
THE LIPS OF CHILDREN AND INFANTS YOU HAVE
ORDAINED PRAISE!"
( MATTHEW 21:16 *NIV )


The Chief Priests were angry at the children for shouting
"Hosanna, to the son of David", as Jesus entered the Temple!
Now Jesus' reply to them referred to Psalm 8:2, which the
Priest's had undoubtedly read many times before!

On the lighter side, we often find that children do amuse us
with their explanations. I hope that you will enjoy
the following encounter between a Sunday School Teacher
and her Kindergarten Class! After all, it is said "Laughter is
the best Medicine", especially for a Saturday Morning!

Out Of The Mouth Of Babes.......

After teaching the children about Salvation, the Teacher
asked her Sunday School Class:

"If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale and
gave all my money to the Church, would that get me into
Heaven?"

"NO!" the children all answered.

"If I cleaned the Church every day, mowed the yard, and kept
everything neat and tidy, would that get me into Heaven?"

Again, the answer was, "NO!"

"Well, then, if I was kind to animals and gave candy to all the
children, and loved my husband, would that get me into Heaven?"
The Teacher asked them again.

Again, they all answered, "NO!"

"Well," The Teacher replied, "then how can I get into Heaven?"

A five-year-old boy shouted out, "YOU GOTTA BE DEAD!"



My children OFTEN teach me about God! I just have to be paying attention to them. I notice that some people tend to get irritated by children when they are, well, children, like this kid in the passage above. This saddens me, but also makes me think that these people miss out on so much! Children are often times wiser than adults when it comes to faith, Jesus, the free gift of salvation and joy! Not to mention more loving than most adults and more willing to forgive!!! So, the next time a little, precious one comes to talk to you, crouch down on their level, look them in the eyes with the same respect you would give an adult and really listen...... Jesus would!

0 comments: