30 Weeks and Counting

11:01 PM Posted In Edit This 1 Comment »
I had my 30 week appointment today! Did I mention how much I LOVE having a midwife come to me? My children sat around me as she listened to the baby's heartbeat. Caeden listened intently for once and everyone had their questions answered by a supremely patient MeriBeth. ( http://www.merryblessings.com/ )It was great! I never felt like they were a bother or an annoyance like I used to when I needed to take them to the OB offices. I always feel so calm and my blood pressure was evidence of this as well! It was 108 over 72 or something like that. (Sorry MB if that is way off!!)
Lately when people ask me how I am doing, my answer has been, good but feeling huge lately. Ah, yes I am to that huge-feeling stage. But what a blessing to carry this 5th gift from God! I was measuring 35 weeks and 34 weeks conservatively after the baby moved a bit. No, I am not carrying twins! I am just huge! LOL!
So I have been out and about with the whole crew lately and I realized that I had sort of been avoiding contact with the general public because of the constant stream of comments I receive when spotted pushing the stroller with four under age 6. This is pretty selfish of me and cowardly. So I have been venturing out a whole lot more and thus, dealing with comments as kindly as I can muster. :) Here are a smattering of the latest words of wisdom passersby just feel the incredible desire to share and my responses. Some are kind, some are not. Enjoy!
1 A man saw me coming across the street with my huge belly and a double stroller with four children in tow and asked, "Are you trying for a baseball team?" I answered, "No, we prefer soccer!"
2. I was dropping things off at the Salvation Army and the lady asked how many kids I had in my vehicle, two? When I answered, no four, her eyes bugged out and she asked, "Are they all yours?" I answered (I promise I did actually say this) "No, I have a habit of picking up random kids from around the neighborhood." She laughed, so she knew I was kidding.
3. The lady at the bank grinned and gasped at the sight of all of us and said,"Well God bless you!" I think I said thank you.
4. A woman I know said, "It's called contraception," to me as she walked passed me at CHURCH. Not real sure she was kidding. But I'd like to think so.
5. A girl worker at Taco Bell came over and told me how beautiful my children were and how sweet and cute they were. This brightened my day immensely. :)
6. A lady at church overheard me telling a friend how close in age my children are and she walked over and asked, "Well they were planned weren't they?" And yes, her tone was not so nice. I actually had the guts to say, "If you mean planned by God, then yes."
7. When I told a person at church we expecting out 5th baby, this person responded with a startled expression and uttered, "Another one?!? Another one?!?!"
8. I have had this response numerous times from people who discover we are having a baby.... "Are you done yet?" To which I usually shrug and say I don't know or it's up to God, etc. I wish I had the guts to say, "Well somebody has to outnumber the dumb people!"
9. Only a handful of times have I heard this: "Well, better you than me!" or "I hated pregnancy! Never again!" Which is usually followed with a shudder.
10. And my most original response is..... drum roll please....... "What, are you in a race to see who can have the most children?" ROFLOL!

1 comments:

babymakers said...

This sounds similar to a blog I made a few weeks ago about the number one things people say to us because we have six children. Most are discouraging... I am going to tell my husband about outnumbering the dumb people and I guarantee he will use it! I hate the fact that going to church you also get negative comments. Wouldn't it be great to just be encouraged, as you should, when you go there?