Oops! The Embarrassment Adventures of Muah!

8:18 AM Posted In Edit This 3 Comments »

Oops!
1 st story

The other day I was cleaning out some items to add to my in-law's yard sale when Jeff picked up a pin and handed it to me. He said, "Why do you have a flag of France pin?" I looked at it and said, "What? I wear that on the Fourth of July and Memorial day. It's not a flag of France pin! It is just a red white and blue pin I found in my grandmother's old things when she passed away." (In fact Austin had worn it for the 4th!) He turned to the computer did a quick google search and indeed, it WAS a flag of France! LOL! So here I had been wearing a flag of France on our national USA holidays for YEARS! Oops!



2nd story
The other day I went to a mommy play date hosted by a lady from our church. It was in her back yard and there were no chairs, so I sat in the grass cross-legged most of the time. The other women did as well. After I got home, I went to the bathroom and noticed that my shorts we ripped a good 8 inches directly in the wrong area! And it wasn't a clean seam! So I knew it wasn't a rip from bending over. Besides they are pretty stretchy shorts. I had pulled them out of the clean clothing I had just washed in a huge hurry to leave. So I didn't notice the tear. Oops!


The only thing I could think of was that Oreo, brat of a dog, chewed the hole! So, I have NO idea if anyone saw, but I can bet someone did! So embarrassing and that is what I get for being in a hurry!


Why share these stories? Because we should always be able to laugh at ourselves! And I sure have a lot of laughable moments! Anyone have any embarrassing moments and are brave enough to share them? Post them! I love a good laugh!

3 comments:

Kortney said...

The French flag thing absolutely cracks me up!! "These colors don't run!"

Holly said...

Love, love, LOVE those stories! You always know how to make me smile, Mandy! :-)

Mandy2qt said...

I just think, how one girl be so retarded? Now really, there has to BE a limit to my stupidity! But, alas, it appears I am a bottomless pit of brainlessness. Sad, but true and I figure someone should benefit from my lack of knowledge in some, minor way. I can at least contribute to society in one meaningful way. It is my duty as a Frenchman.