Samuel

1:24 PM Posted In Edit This 2 Comments »

Today I received a call from our children's director asking if yesterday was the first time Samuel had gone up to receive Christ. I was surprised by the message because I did not know he had done this! So Annie asked Sam if he asked Jesus into his heart and he said, "Yes." Then I asked him and he said, "I changed my mind. I don't want to go to heaven." I thought he must think he will go there soon and is frightened about death. Nope, too deep. I asked him why not and he said, "Betause Jake will be there and he will bite me!" I explained that in heaven there are no biting dogs. So he said, with real tears in his eyes, "But Mommy, what about the lions?" I said, "Nope, lions won't bite either." And he was still not convinced. "But lions bite in battle." I said they won't bite him... He said, "What about the T-Rex? I am scared of T-Rex!"
So, needless to say, it was an interesting conversation. It's good to know a child's perspective. I am amazed at how they think sometimes. But it is hard to imagine a friendly T-Rex, I have to admit. :)

2 comments:

kvanzandt said...

Elli went up too! I was so excited! She told me "I was with Sam! : )"

Holly said...

Ahhhh, the minds of young kids. How sweet that he's just afraid of being hurt! And how exciting for both Sam and Elli! I bet you are very thrilled!